Open to children ages 7-14. Please choose to attend only one of the following dates:
Monday, April 10 @ 4:30 pm
Tuesday, April 11 @ 4:30 pm
Those auditioning will be seen on a first come, first serve basis. Sign-in begins at 4:00.
Auditions are held at in the Civic Education Suite in the Tarkington at the Center for the Performing Arts, 3 Center Green, Carmel, IN 46032.
How to prepare:
- Performing experience not necessary and children need not be enrolled in Jr. Civic classes to audition.
- Young performers are asked to prepare 16 bars of a song (bring sheet music!); an accompanist will be provided. (No CDs, iPhones or recordings of any kind allowed. We must hear singing with live accompaniment. If you cannot find sheet music – with the piano part included – we will have an alternate song ready for you to sing.)
- The song can be anything from your child’s favorite showtune to a song they have learned and rehearsed in school or church. Mr. Marty always says, “Auditions aren’t easy! You will be nervous. Just make sure it’s a song you know well and are comfortable with and you’ll be sure to shine! Also, if at all possible, try to have rehearsed with a piano.”
- Each child auditioning will also be asked to read a short sentence from the script. This is provided on the day of auditions.
- We use this as a “test” as a gauge for each individual’s level of vocal production. Actors need to be heard! Strong, confident reading in an audition is VERY important.
- Bring your calendar – we will ask for rehearsal conflicts.
- Every rehearsal is important and while every actor may not be called in for every rehearsal, when you are needed, you are needed! We do understand that our young students are busy folks but conflicts do come into play during casting. The fewer you have the better. Above all, be honest when filling out the audition form and listing any conflicts you might have with our schedule (see below) and we’ll avoid any surprises down the road.
Rehearsals: Monday – Thursday, 4:30 – 6:30 pm, beginning May 9, 2017 (No rehearsal on Memorial Day)
Performances: June 23 – June 28, 2017, Friday 7 pm, Saturday 2 pm & 5 pm, Monday – Wednesday 10 am & 1 pm in the Tarkington
There will be a $45 supply and program fee if cast in SEUSSICAL. Scholarships are available. More information about what the fee covers will be available at the audition registration table.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.